Soooooo, I have joined yet another health challenge. This time it is for the long-term. State of Slim is being offered at work, so of course I jumped on board.
Dr. Holly Wyatt presented us with the possibility of losing 10 – 25% of our weight within 16 weeks. Heck yeah, I’m in… and guess what? One week down and 3 pounds gone with it. Happy dance!
The downside of this program? There really isn’t one. However at times I have felt a little hungry. The good news is that she provided a recipe for chocolate muffins that are safe for our first phase (the 2-week fat burning phase).
I have modified it below to make it both gluten free and sugar free. The Greek yogurt is baked out so I do not experience any of my lactose intolerance issues when I eat these.
- 1 c old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 c Splenda
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 T fat-free banana pudding mix
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 c liquid egg whites
- 1/2 c plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, grind oats to a flour-like consistency.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine egg whites and yogurt, mix until smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and blend - do not overmix.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes.
- You may need to add a touch of water if the batter is too thick. Do not use paper liners – oat flour sticks to them.